Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome to Summer in Texas!

As you all know or have heard, summer in Texas is miserable.  It gets to be a scorching 110 degrees and you just want to crawl in your freezer and hang out for a bit.  It is almost June and it is in the mid to upper 90's.  This is nice weather to us Texans, a tad warm but we are all bracing ourselves for the heatwave that is to come.  With Summer comes a lot of changes, along with the heat come the bugs.  If you know me, I am not a bug fan.  I would rather put needles in my eyes than have to go near a bug or much less squish one and have to hear that crackling/pop sound they make. Ugh, can you say Heebie Jeebies??   If one of the bugs were to touch me, I might have an accident.  I am the one who uses the vacuum cleaner with the attachment on it to get as far away from it as possible to suck it up and make it disappear to die a slow death in the vacuum cleaner or I drown it in an entire can of raid.  I know that most of them can't hurt me, but hey, I am a chicken and don't want to chance it, I admit it.  Plus those Texas sized cockroaches, those mothers can FLY! No thank you!  Thank goodness I married a man who will be the hero and will do the bug killing for me.   Yesterday, when I pulled in the garage after work, I get out of the car on my merry way inside the house.  I see something dark right in front of me.  My instinct tells me to stop and see what it is instead thinking it was dirt.  I open the garage door again for some light only to find a massive beast of a spider with it's beady little eyes looking back at me.  I about drop my purse and almost have a heart attack.  I scream for Erik and tell him to come out and not to let the dogs out in the garage.  I go around my car and give him the bug spray.  He drowns it in bug spray and it starts to crawl.  He then stomped on it and kicked it out of the garage.  Whew!!  Crisis averted.  I go in and get ready as we had plans to be somewhere.  When we got back in the car, I tried to run it over one last time to make sure it was dead.  Turns out it was a Wolf Spider, they do bite and will inject venom, but it isn't deadly.  Erik and I agreed, it is time to call the pest control man!

No comments:

Post a Comment