Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The most amazing day of our lives!



December 9, 2011 was the most amazing day of my life! 

The last trimester was pretty rough for me as I was extremely tired, had horrible heartburn, could barely breathe and it took so much energy to roll over in bed it was exhausting. I was counting down the days until I could deliver my sweet angel into this world, so I could have my body back and get out of bed with more ease.  I loved being pregnant don't get me wrong, but by the end, I was wanting to get her here already.  I had no patience, what is new right?  haha  It all started Thurs December 8th at a routine doctors appointment @ 10:00a.m. I was 38 weeks pregnant.  My mother wanted to go with me since we were going to go eat lunch and have a girls day after the appointment.  We were anxious to see if I had progressed more and to see if we were one step closer to meeting our little one. I remember saying that it would be nice if the doctor just sent us to Labor and Delivery after the appointment to get the party started, while I knew that wouldn't happen, it was still nice to dream since I was so uncomfortable.  While mom and I went to the doctors appointment, Erik was working from home and was in the middle of conference calls.

I went in the exam room to see Dr. Elliott and she did her exam and accidentally broke my water!  O... M...G...  It took me a couple of seconds to realize what had happened and that I hadn't just peed on myself.  Thank goodness, that would have been mildly uncomfortable and embarrassing.  I was so excited, I looked at my mom and said, " My, my water just broke, we are going to have a baby!"  I couldn't wait to call Erik and let him know that he was about to be a daddy!  I called Erik and he didn't answer since he was in meetings, so I text him and told him that my water broke and he was going to be a daddy and to come to the hospital right away.  He later told me that he interrupted the meeting by saying, " Jumping Jesus, I am going to be a dad, I gotta go!"  Erik scrambled to get the last minute belongings and rushed to the hospital to meet his little girl. 

They took me to Labor and Delivery and got me all hooked up to IV's and such.  After a couple of hours, I decided that an epidural was in order and asked to meet my best friend and hero, the anesthesiologist.  They sent him in and he took his sweet time administering the epidural, he ended up going too far and hit spinal fluid and that resulted in a spinal headache and back and neck spasms.  The labor pains were gone, but the epidural issues were horrible.  This resulted in the nurse having to turn me over every 30 mins, since I couldn't feel ANYTHING and couldn't move.  My poor nurse..  After 17 1/2 hours of labor, it was the wee hours of the morning on December 9, 201. They called Dr. Elliott at home and she came up to the hospital to safely bring our precious bundle into this world healthy and happy.  We were all exhausted, but were on a high like we have never experienced in our life. We are totally in love,  we were parents!  I can't believe I am a Mommy and Erik is a Daddy. The most amazing title and job we will ever have. What a special blessing from God! I hear people say it, but now I know it is so true.  I never thought I could love something so much!  Thank you to all our family and friends that were there at the hospital that night to meet little Kenadie and welcome her to this world with open arms.  I will never forget it!  God is truly Amazing..

Kenadie Fae Wilson
December 9, 2011 3:59 a.m. cst
6 lbs 15 oz 19 3/4 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment