Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Challenge accepted

My wife asked me yesterday if I could come up with 52 reasons why I love her. Of course I could, because I'm Erik and I can do anything. So here they are in no particular order:

1. The way she laughs at my jokes, no matter how corny they may be.
2. How she gives her half smile when I'm having a geek moment.
3. That she is the organizer in the house.
4. She always gives me the power of the remote.
5. Her casserole.
6. How good of a mother she is.
7. She gave me my daughter.
8. That she plans everything to the nine, and doesn't leave room for failure.
9. She bargain shops.
10. I don't have to always going shopping with her.
11. When we do shop together it's always fun.
12. She taught me how to make Frito pie.
13. Her values.
14. Her honesty.
15. She's sexy.
16. She's sexy even first thing in the morning.
17. Her loyalty to me, our daughter, her friends, and her family.
18. She taught me how to make perogies and sausage.
19. How she sings along with every silly commercial jingle.
20. How she takes such good care of our dogs.
21. How she let me be a part of the dog's life.
22. How she puts up with my skepticism.
23. She surprises me with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
24. She brings me Dasani Lime at work.
25. How I love seeing her first thing in the morning.
26. How she's as big a fan of sushi as I am.
27. She never lets me forget the details of anything.
28. She works hard for the money, so hard for it honey.
29. She loves me even at times when I don't deserve it.
30. She'll watch Pawn Stars with me.
31. She sat and had a drink at Redneck Heaven with me.
32. She doesn't make me watch Desperate Housewives.
33. She doesn't get pissy when I want to buy a Star Wars t-shirt.
34. She's ok with dressing my daughter in Star Wars onesies.
35. She understands that football is of utmost importance.
36. She humors me when I say stuff like I want to build a bedroom in the shape of the Millennium Falcon.
37. She does a great job handling our social calendar.
38. She owns a gun.
39. She doesn't read Harry Potter or Twilight.
40. She puts Kenadie first above everything.
41. I get to manage the DVR.
42. She trusts me to watch the baby.
43. She doesn't complain when I go have guy time.
44. She was so easy to fall in love with.
45. She's smart as well as sexy.
46. She listens to me.
47. She taught me how to enjoy mac n cheese in various flavors.
48. She's frugal.
49. I trust her without question with our daughter.
50. How she makes our baby smile.
51. Seeing how good she is at changing diapers, as she may have to change mine in our later years.
52. She lets me change the radio station, so long as I don't tune to NPR.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A. A. Milne

1 comment: