Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I come close to destroying baby equipment

"Ohhh shit," I cried as I watched the stroller make it's unattended flight down my driveway. My heart skipped several beats before I bolted for it, but it ran into the street.

Let me back up. The wife and I were leaving the house with Kenadie, but as most parents are aware this is an ordeal worthy of an Orthodox ceremony. Careful detail is arranged each and every time, from checking the diaper bag 13 times to insure all items are present and accounted for, to making sure the baby is snug in their car seat. It's a painstaking process that must be undertaken each and every time, for the idea of leaving without something as simple as baby wipes seems a horrifying prospect.

This outing was no different than any other. I grabbed the stroller and the baby in her car seat and head into the garage without incident. I park the stroller next to the car, but thought against taking the time to set the brakes as I assumed the garage was level.

I put the baby in the back of the car and turn to see the stroller make it's way down my driveway. I guess the garage isn't as level as I once assumed. I cried out in terror, wondering if someone actually saw that and logically assumed a baby was occupying the stroller, and then reporting us to CPS. The stroller made it's way into the street with me running after it. It stopped on the curb on the other side and no damage was done thankfully, but it was horrifying none the less.


"Stroller: a wanderer; vagrant." - Dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment